Download Registration Checklist (PDF)
- Meet with Your Adviser
Prepare for Enrollment Restrictions that May Be Placed by Departments
- Academic advising is recommended for all students and is required in many programs.
- Discuss with your adviser alternative course selections in case your first choice offerings are full or unavailable to you.
- Complete the Schedule Planning Form as a guide.
Clear Registration Holds
- Consent Instructor/Authorization Required: If you plan to select courses requiring consent of instructor or departmental approval, contact the department offering the course to obtain permission prior to registering via UI-Integrate Self-Service. Approval to register in Authorization Only courses is entered into the UI-Integrate Self-Service system online by the department offering the course. You, in turn, must register for the course using UI-Integrate Self-Service.
- Independent Study Courses: Independent study courses require the instructor's permission before registering. If you select an independent study course, obtain permission from the instructor prior to registering via UI-Integrate Self-Service.
- Courses with Prerequisites: Many courses have prerequisites. The prerequisites are intended to help you succeed in the course. You are expected to comply with them. You may be removed from a course for failure to comply with the prerequisites.
- Courses with Restrictions: Some courses have restrictions which limit registration to students meeting certain criteria, e.g., college, curricula, year in school, honors, or placement test scores. Many restrictions are computer controlled. You may be removed from a course if you do not meet the course criteria. Consult the department offering the course if exceptions to these restrictions are required.
Register from a Computer on Campus or from a Remote Location
- If you have any registration holds on your record, that information will appear on the View Holds page or the Registration Eligibility page in UI-Integrate Self-Service.
- All holds must be cleared online by the appropriate academic or administrative office before you can register using UI-Integrate Self-Service.
Register for a Complete Schedule
- With the previous steps completed, use your Schedule Planning Form (located in the back of the Class Schedule) as a guide to register in courses via UI-Integrate Self-Service. There are many places on campus where you can conveniently access UI-Integrate Self-Service. Many of these locations are listed in the Class Schedule. You may register from any location where you can access the World Wide Web, provided your registration time ticket for the term is valid.
Verify Your Addresses
- Register for a complete schedule of courses for the term as soon as possible following your Registration Time Ticket.
- Although additional seats may become available in a few courses, and additional sections may be added to some courses prior to the start of the term, you should not delay completing your schedule based on the assumption that seats will eventually become available in courses that have closed.
- Complete a workable course schedule early, even if every course is not your first choice.
If you expect to receive your degree at the end of the term . . .
- You are required to provide a mailing and a permanent address. You may do so by accessing the Personal Information link on UI-Integrate Self-Service.
- Make certain that your mailing and permanent addresses are correct so you don't miss any important information from the University.
- Be sure to select Graduation Information to add yourself to the Pending Degree List if you plan to graduate at the end of the semester.